Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error executing make install

Error executing make install

I to all.
I'm trying to compile and install the trunk repository on my Arch linux 64 system.
First of all I've had to set the optimization flag to -O1 because -O2 gave an internal compiler error (I'm using gcc (GCC) 5.1.0).
I've compiled the trunk repository with the following configuration options:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/ --with-paradiseo=/usr/lib64

The make finished correctly.
Then I've executed make test and in the attached file there are the logs of the tests with errors
failedTestsLogs.zip

Then I've tried to execute the make install and it exited with this error:

Code:

if [ "" = ".app" ]; then mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/Applications/MacPorts/; fi
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/bin
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/lib/
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/include/omc
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/antlr3
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share/doc//omc/testmodels
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share/man//man1/
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share/locale
test ! -d ./build/share//omnotebook/ || mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share//omnotebook/
test ! -d ./build/share//omshell/nls/ || mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share//omshell/nls/
test ! -d ./build/share//omedit/nls/ || mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share//omedit/nls/
mkdir -p /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share//omc/scripts /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/share/omc/java
echo Installing OpenModelica...
Installing OpenModelica...
# Application directory (OSX)
if [ "" = ".app" ]; then cp -rp ./build/Applications/ /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/Applications/MacPorts/; fi
# Binaries
cp -a ././build/bin/* /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/bin
# Libraries
cp -a ././build/lib/* /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/lib/
# Includes
cp -a ././build/include/omc/* /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/include/omc
cp -a ././build/include/[b]omc[/b]/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/antlr3 /home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-svn/pkg/openmodelica-svn/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/antlr3
cp: impossibile eseguire stat di "././build/include/omc/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/antlr3": File o directory non esistente
Makefile.common:388: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "install" non riuscito
make: *** [install] Errore 1

because the bold part of that path does not exists.
The build process has created this folder ././build/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/antlr3

So I presume it is an error in the Makefile.common (line 388).
Can you confirm please?
Is it correct to change this line:

Code:

cp -a ./${builddir_inc}/$(host_short)/omc/antlr3 ${INSTALL_INCLUDEDIR}/$(host_short)/omc/antlr3

with this one:

Code:

cp -a ./${builddir_inc}/../$(host_short)/omc/antlr3 ${INSTALL_INCLUDEDIR}/$(host_short)/omc/antlr3

Thank you,
Xwang

Re: Error executing make install

The svn trunk is not current (current sources are on git).

Also, gcc 5.1 has a fatal bug that causes compilation to fail using -O2 (unless it is a patched 5.1).

Ok, than you.

I've downloaded the sources from git and I'm compiling with -O1 option.
make exited with the following error whwn compiling OMOptim:

No rules to generate the target " /usr/share/omc//omc_communication.idl " necessary for " omc_communication.cc " . Arrest

(traslated from italian)

Now I'm trying to compile without OMOptim (I've erased that folder)

I've created this PKGBUILD to compile on arch linux openmodelica from git.

Code:

# Maintainer: xwang
pkgname=openmodelica-git
pkgver=25920
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="The Open Source Modelica Compiler "
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="https://openmodelica.org"
license=('GPL3')

depends=('java-environment' 'lpsolve' 'hdf5-openmpi' 'omniorb' 'openscenegraph' 'qtwebkit' 'sundials' 'libatomic_ops' 'python' 'gtkglext'  'ruby'   'ipopt' 'qjson' 'suitesparse')

makedepends=('autoconf' 'automake' 'libtool' 'gcc' 'gcc-fortran-multilib' 'boost' 'clang' 'cmake' 'jre7-openjdk' 'antlr2' 'subversion' 'lib32-expat' 'lib32-ncurses' 'lib32-readline')

conflicts=('openmodelica-svn')

source=('openmodelica::git+https://openmodelica.org/git-readonly/OpenModelica.git')
md5sums=('SKIP')

_gitmod="openmodelica"

prepare() {
   cd "${srcdir}"
   rm -r -f "${srcdir}/${_gitmod}"
   git clone https://openmodelica.org/git-readonly/OpenModelica.git "${_gitmod}" --recursive
   rm -r -f "${srcdir}/${_gitmod}/OMOptim"
}

build() {
   cd "${srcdir}/${_gitmod}"
   autoconf
   ./configure --prefix=/usr/ \
       --without-paradiseo \
       --with-omniORB \
       --with-lapack='-llapack -lblas'

make
}

#check() {
#   cd "${srcdir}/${_svnmod}"
#   make test
#}

package() {
  mkdir -p ${pkgdir}/usr/
  cd "${srcdir}/${_gitmod}"
  cp -r build/* ${pkgdir}/usr/
}

If someone uses arch linux and wants to cross test it then I can put it on AUR.
Actually I'm running the make test in the testsuite directory.

As you can see I have erased the OMOptim directory because it has given me a compiling error (later I can try again to search a solution) and I don't know how to modify the prepare() function in order to avoid to delete all the folder and clone from git every time the package is recreated (is the git is already present maybe it is possible to only update it, but I don't know how to detect if it is present and which command in such case should I use to update the local copy instead of git clone).

Thank you,
Xwang

Edited by: Xwang - Jun-14-15 18:16:20

I have had to change my account because my email has not been recognised anymore.
In any case I've run the test, but some of them have failed (pretty the same that failed using svn).
Is there something I'm doing wrongly?
failedTestCases.zip

cppruntime you need to configure --with-cppruntime. Note that the boost library needs to be compiled with GCC 5.1 as well or you get the same errors we do: https://test.openmodelica.org/hudson/vi … CC_5.1/52/

We usually run the tests on Linux by using: "cd testsuite/partest && ./runtests.pl" (runs all tests in parallel).

You can check the expected output of different GCC versions at: https://test.openmodelica.org/hudson/view/Linux/ ; clang better in most cases.

The compile error for OMOptim regarding omc_communication.idl is gone now, thanks to sjoelund's fix.

I have also created a PKGBUILD for Arch LInux, that avoids cloning the complete repository if the package is rebuilt:

PKGBUILD.txt

OMOptim.desktop

OMNotebook.desktop

OMEdit.desktop

Thanks.
I've merged my PKGBUILD with your.
This is the result:
https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/openmodelica-git/
Please let me know if you want that I add you as a contributor and in such a case with which name/username.

yesterday it compiled correctly.
Today it gives the following errors:

Code:

/usr/bin/omc +n=1 build/Patternm.stamp.mos
2 errors out of 2 messages:
[/home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-git/src/openmodelica-git/OMCompiler/Compiler/FrontEnd/Patternm.mo:2340:5-2340:112:writable] Error: Could not solve the polymorphism in the function call to .DAEUtil.traverseDAEEquationsStmts
  Input bindings:
    $Type_a:
      tuple<.Patternm.traverseCasesTopDown.FuncExpType<function>(DAE.Exp inExp, polymorphic<A> inTypeA) => (DAE.Exp outExp, #Boolean cont, polymorphic<A> outA), polymorphic<A>>
      tuple<.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.FuncExpType2<function>(DAE.Exp inExp, polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a> inTypeA) => (DAE.Exp outExp, #Boolean cont, polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a> outA), polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a>>
      tuple<.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.FuncExpType2<function>(DAE.Exp inExp, polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a> inTypeA) => (DAE.Exp outExp, #Boolean cont, polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a> outA), polymorphic<$.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a>>
  Solved bindings:
    $.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.Type_a:
      polymorphic<A>
  Unsolved bindings:
    $Type_a:
      tuple<.Patternm.traverseCasesTopDown.FuncExpType<function>(DAE.Exp inExp, polymorphic<A> inTypeA) => (DAE.Exp outExp, #Boolean cont, polymorphic<A> outA), polymorphic<A>>
      tuple<.Expression.traverseSubexpressionsTopDownHelper.FuncExpType2<function>(DAE.Exp inExp, polymorphic<A> inTypeA) => (DAE.Exp, Boolean, polymorphic<A>), polymorphic<A>>
[/home/andreak/tmp/yaourt-tmp-andreak/aur-openmodelica-git/src/openmodelica-git/OMCompiler/Compiler/FrontEnd/Patternm.mo:32:1-2949:13:writable] Error: Failed to compile all functions in package Patternm.
Makefile.common:113: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "build/Patternm.stamp" non riuscito

Can you help me, please?
Xwang

Use "./configure --without-omc". You are depending on an existing OMC to compile OMC (skipping the bootstrapping process), which while faster sometimes fails due to bug fixes in the compiler being required to compile newer OMC.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: