OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error when using Prescribed Pump from MSL

Error when using Prescribed Pump from MSL

Hello together,

I hope you can help me. I´m trying to simulate heat losses in a simple fluid network that consists of two dynamic pipes and a prescribes pump from the Standard Library. The components are connected in a closed loop. After setting initial values, I checked the model. However, I always get an error which probably has to do with the pump. It tells me that I have incompatible units in my model and I don´t seem to understand why that happens. See below for the full error message:

Incompatible units in
pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0})+pump.delta_head_init* pump.V_flow_single

The unit issue reported appeared in the equation
pump.head = homotopy((pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2*pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"' (pump.V_flow_single*pump.N_nominal/pump.N, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}), pump.N/pump.N_nominal*( pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0})+pump.delta_head_init* pump.V_flow_single));

Incompatible units in
pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0})+pump.delta_head_init* pump.V_flow_single

pump.head = homotopy((if pump.s > 0 then (pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2* pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(pump.V_flow_single*pump.N_nominal/ pump.N, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}) else (pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2*pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0})- pump.s*pump.unitHead), pump.N/pump.N_nominal*(pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"' (0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}) +pump.delta_head_init*pump.V_flow_single));

if ( not pump.checkValve) then
pump.head = homotopy((pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2*pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"' (pump.V_flow_single*pump.N_nominal/pump.N, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}), pump.N/pump.N_nominal*( pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5* pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0})+pump.delta_head_init* pump.V_flow_single));
pump.s = 0;
else
pump.head = homotopy((if pump.s > 0 then (pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2* pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"'(pump.V_flow_single*pump.N_nominal/ pump.N, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}) else (pump.N/pump.N_nominal)^2*pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"' (0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}) -pump.s*pump.unitHead), pump.N/pump.N_nominal*(pump.flowCharacteristic_Unique'"pump"' (0, {0, pump.V_flow_op, 1.5*pump.V_flow_op}, {2*pump.head_op, pump.head_op, 0}) +pump.delta_head_init*pump.V_flow_single));
pump.V_flow_single = homotopy((if pump.s > 0 then pump.s*pump.unitMassFlowRate /pump.rho else 0), pump.s*pump.unitMassFlowRate/pump.rho_nominal);
end if;

Did anyone of you have that problem before and can help me to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: