Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Can't run example "Pumpingsystem" in omedit anymore

Can't run example "Pumpingsystem" in omedit anymore

Hi everyone,
i was trying to run the example "pumpingsystem" in omedit. But the following error occured:

[1] 07:22:01 Translation Error
post-optimization module solveSimpleEquations (initialization) failed.

[2] 07:22:01 Translation Error
No system for the symbolic initialization was generated

why does that happen?? And how can i fix this?
Thanks
lwinklmann

Re: Can't run example "Pumpingsystem" in omedit anymore

Hallo Iwinklmann

Don't know if you reached solution. Initialization issues in the model. My suggestion is to change <system.m_flow_start>  from 0 to some low values like 1e-15. please try this and reply if problem still sustains.

NB: so far I know you cannot change values in the models of modelica library (uneditable). But you can do this by copying code to a new your own model and then simulate.

Best regards
Joel

Hi Joel,
thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately i cant simply copy the code as the following error occurs:

Syntax Error
Redefining class(es) Modelica.Fluid.Examples.PumpingSystem which already exist(s). Delete the existing class(es) before loading the file/library .

I forgot to mention: the problem occured after a crash of OMEdit.
Before that it worked perfectly fine. 
So i dont really think it's a initialization Problem.
Best regards
lwinklmann

Hallo again

You cannot use the same name since it is already existing in modelica library as example. You can rename the model eg: to PumpsystemSample or other in text view of model. Name of Model is at starting and ending of code.

Since the new model is outside the modelica library the path of prescribed pump (maybe the author forgot to add it in library) is unknown and it will be in red square with other components in diagram view. You should give the path of prescribed pump in text view of model ie, Modelica.Fluids.Machines.PrescribedPump. Same like path of other components.

Now you can give the  <system.m_flow_start>  in System component to 1e-15 and simulate

Hope this helps, best regards
Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks! That worked, but there's still some issues in the Compilation window, it's stating that there are under-determined linear Systems.
And i still dont know why or how my Programm changed as it could run the example before the Crash. I'd really like to know what i can do about that.

Best regards
lwinklmann

Hallo

I have no enough expertise to explain the model error after crash. Normally it does nothing to my models so I never investigated it before. Hope some experts can answer about it so that i also get informed.

Sorry to say that details are always insufficient in your case to say anything. That is the reason of no response from others. Try to include model also in questions.

Best wishes
Joel

Hello, Joel
thanks for your answer. Maybe these others can respond even though there might not yet be enough Details given because perhaps i can give the Information they need to solve the problem
Best regards
lwinklmann

What OpenModelica version do you have? What Modelica Standard Library version do you use?
As far as I can see from our coverage testing:
https://libraries.openmodelica.org/bran … 3.2.2.html
This particular model works at least in versioni 3.2.2
Have you tried a restart of your computer?
Do you have some special flags in OMEdit?

Hello,

i use openModelica-v1.12.0 and openModelica Standard library Version 3.2.2. Yes, i did try to restart my Computer. I didnt mess around with the flags. As i am a beginner at modelica i dont know which flags are set by Default and which are Special. I dont have any compilation flags set and the only box ticked in the Simulation flags tab is LOG_STATS.

Best regards
lwinklmann

As far as I can see from the OpenModelica v1.12 coverage here:
https://libraries.openmodelica.org/bran … 3.2.2.html
the PumpingSystem and HeatingSystem are failing.
I'm not sure if these models actually worked 1.12 or if they got broken by a library change.

You could use the nightly builds where these models are working:
For windows you can get them here:
https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: