Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Modeling of Brayton Cycle

Modeling of Brayton Cycle

After trying a couple of modelica softwares, I have started using OMEC connection editor for writing a simulation code for brayton cycle.
can anyone give me an insight of how all this work, I have understood how the thermopower library works so far.

Re: Modeling of Brayton Cycle

Hello, I am trying to model Brayton cycle. The problem is, it seems in Open Modelica it is not possible to use existing models to make new packages or new models.
I tried to model the cycle in a new package by dropping components from ThermoPower Library. Is it possible to use components from existing libraries(ThermoPower & Modelica.Thermal packages)?

Here is the code:

package brayton1

extends Modelica.Icons.Package;

extends ThermoPower.PowerPlants.GasTurbine.Examples.GasTurbineSimplified;

extends Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatExchanger.HeatExchangerSimulation;

extends ThermoPower.Gas.Compressor ;

annotation(
    Documentation(info = "This package tries to implement the brayton cycle simulation with the help of 4 basic componenets -Source, Sink, Compressor, Turbine.

Let's see how far it goes..."));
end brayton1;

Here is the list of errors I am getting:

[1] 17:23:55 Translation Error
Cannot instantiate bsr_brayton1 due to class specialization PACKAGE.

[2] 17:23:55 Translation Notification
[ThermoPower.Gas: 2956:7-2956:63]: From here:

[3] 17:23:55 Translation Error
[Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatExchanger: 74:5-76:35]: Duplicate elements (due to inherited elements) not identical:
  first element is:  outer .ThermoPower.System system "System wide properties"
  second element is: inner .Modelica.Fluid.System system(energyDynamics = Modelica.Fluid.Types.Dynamics.SteadyStateInitial, use_eps_Re = true)

[4] 17:23:55 Translation Error
Error occurred while flattening model bsr_brayton1

Someone help me please.

Edited by: Shinichi17 - May-31-17 10:50:37
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: