Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit: adding magnetic material

OMEdit: adding magnetic material

I hope this is a trivial problem, but I can't seem to be able to solve it.

Using OMEdit, I want to add a new soft magnetic material. I do have the necessary parameters. This is what I tried:

1) Drag and drop Modelica.Magnetic.FluxTubes.Materials.SoftMagnetic.BaseData to my model, select it's icon in the schematic view to open an interactive window and type in my parameters. Fine so far. But I cannot find a way to reference this newly created material from any fluxtube to actually use this data. Probably simple. But how?
2) Put my model and a copy of [...].BaseData in a common package that I create as a working folder, and reference this copy from my model. Works fine. But this requires me to change the model in the text view rather than using the interactive window.

Solution 2) is by no means hard to do, but obviously it is meant to not be necessary. After all, there is this interactive window, somebody went to the trouble of providing this. How do I use it properly?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dieter

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: