Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Licensing of runtime?

Licensing of runtime?

Hello,

I'm interested in using compiled output from OpenModelica in a commercial setting.  Is there any possible way to license only the runtime component separate from the rest of the system (compiler, etc.)?  We distribute our software in binary form and would like to be able to include a compiled model with c_runtime.

Thanks.

Re: Licensing of runtime?

We didn't had any request like this before as when you become a member of
the consortium you can distribute any part of OpenModelica as part of your product.

I assume you want to model something in OpenModelica and distribute the binary
for simulation or integrate the generated model as part of another system.

I'll ask around and come back with an answer.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hello,

are there any news on this? We would be interested to translate a model using OMC (for batch scripting), but we don't need any Modelica libraries or OMEdit.

Does a minimal distribution already exist or is there some way to achieve that?

Thank you very much for looking into this,
Robert

The OpenModelica simulation runtime system already has a different license from the rest of OpenModelica: the code provided by us is BSD-licensed as an option (https://openmodelica.org/osmc-pl/osmc-p … time.txt). Some third-party code in it is LGPL-licensed though.

I can't remember what year the runtime license was introduced, but I suspect this thread is older current/smile

Edited by: sjoelund.se - Dec-20-19 07:49:09
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic