Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Simulation time bumped from 3 seconds to >1 hour after nightly update

Simulation time bumped from 3 seconds to >1 hour after nightly update

I'm not sure exactly which build caused the problem, but after software updater did its thing sometime last week my models run with a tiny step-size in both DASSL and IDA whereas they have been just fine before. They are quite big models, but usually solve in 3-6 seconds. Now it takes over an hour to simulate the same.

I'm on Lubuntu 16.04.  I tried downgrading to the stable release, but it wouldn't start -- I assume the downgrade went awry.

I have done no changes to the model code.

Anyone know what might have caused this?

Should I make a ticket?

Re: Simulation time bumped from 3 seconds to >1 hour after nightly update

Tthe question is which version did you use before?
The issue is we would need the model to sort things out, would it possible to share your model or parts of it?
Yes, it sounds like something that worth a ticket.

I've used nightly builds from the repo for the last two years or so, updating the packages maybe once a week. It's for this reason difficult to say exactly which version I was using just before I encountered the problem.

I publish the models on GitHub so they can definitely be had. Just need to push some changes...seems like it was half a year since I updated the repo.

Okay, it would be nice if you would open a ticket with a link to the related model.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: