Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Standard Fluid Examples failing

Standard Fluid Examples failing

I just installed OpenModelica 1.12 64-bit, and cannot get any of the fluid examples to run.

When I run the PumpingSystem example:
[1] 14:48:33 Translation Error
post-optimization module solveSimpleEquations (initialization) failed.

[2] 14:48:33 Translation Error
No system for the symbolic initialization was generated

When I load the HeatingSystem example:
[3] 14:52:49 Translation Error
[Modelica.Fluid.Machines: 401:5-401:82]: Medium is partial, name lookup is not allowed in partial classes.

I want to be able to use storage tanks and pumps, but none of these models are working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Re: Standard Fluid Examples failing

Hallo

The example models will successfully simulate when they are given with proper Initial conditions (start values and other values you give to models in diagram view). Since the example models in modelica library is uneditable it is not possible to Change any Initial values in these models and hence Simulation fails. So i suggest you to make your own model and copy to it the entire code from desired example model in library. Now give reasonable Initial conditions to the models. This worked for me.

Best regards
Joel

Joel,

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, but running into issues with the model being singular or overdefined. Would you happen to have any recommended initial values that would not cause this? As well as which components require initial conditions/parameters to run successfully?

I apologize, I am very new to OpenModelica. Thanks for any help!

Best,
Jeff

Hallo Jeff

The error you mentioned can be because of defining initial values for more variables than needed or incorrect values in the model. More Information required to tell about it correctly. Debugging and using flags while compiling are usual options to solve these.

Best wishes
Joel

hello,can you teach me how to install the openmodelica on ubuntu,i often failed.

thank u very much.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: