Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMNotebook bug?

OMNotebook bug?

I have installed the tagged binary 1.7.0 ALPHA for OSX.  When I open DrControl I see the expected text and large areas of white space where I would expect to see diagrams.

I can see a new directory $HOME/OMNotebook_tempfiles that contains PNG images with the kind of equations I would expect to see in a control primer.

Is this a bug or am I missing something like an environment variable?

Regards,
Lewis

Re: OMNotebook bug?

I have solved this problem by changing the permissions on /Applications/MacPorts to grant r/w to everyone.   I don't think this is the ideal fix but it does allow OMNotebook_Tempfiles to be written there and OMNotebook seems to work just fine.

Writing these files to TMPDIR or a similar location would be a better solution.

I have tried defining various other common names for TMPDIR (TMP, TEMP, etc) just in case I have the wrong environment variable but I have not found one that works.

Regards,
Lewis

Well. Your suggestion is already the one used (writing to the temp-directory that Qt believes is appropriate). The old code to create/remove this directory was still in place, but should now have been removed by me (r9274).

Thanks for the update.  I have install r9274 but that does not make a fully functioning OMNotebook.   There are icons (not the desired image) where the images should be, rather than whitespace.  On exiting OMNotebook I get the message "cannot remove /Applications/Macports/OMNotebook_tempfiles/1.png".   This folder does not exist in /Applications/MacPorts.   Making the folder r/w for all does not solve the problem.

Appreciate your advice.

Lewis

Try r9288. I found another place where OMNxxx_tempfiles was used...

Thanks.  It works nicely now.

Lewis

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: