Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Executable input/output GUI for Modelica / Open Modelica

Executable input/output GUI for Modelica / Open Modelica

A great feature of MATLAB is that in an application end user GUI's can be programmed (via GUIDE), allowing amongst other things:

Screen to screen navigation during execution as per a standard graphical application

Realtime time display and modification of simulations, and variables, both input and output

Does this sort of feature exist in Modelica / OpenModelica ?

If so, where can I learn how to use it?

Love and peace,

Solihin Millin

Re: Executable input/output GUI for Modelica / Open Modelica

Hi,

I do not understand exactly what do you mean.

If you want to create a GUI of your own, I believe that OpenModelica does not support that. However, it makes something even more interesting - it creates c code library and even compiles it to an exe. This app could be then executed by your application and simulation results used in your very own way.

If any user interface, where you can twiddle the parameters, is enough, then proprietary environments such as Dymola or MAthModelica support that for sure.

I am now not sure about the opensource SimForge for Modelica, but I think that some Eclipse plugin should allow that.

rgrds,
F.

We do have a interactive simulation feature that was added recently to the Subversion.
You can view variables interactively and change the input parameters interactively.

Check the latest OpenModelica Users/System guides:
http://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModelica/trunk/doc/
user: anonymous
pass: none  <--- write "none" here.

You can contact Parham <DOT> Vasaiely <AT> informatik <DOT> haw-hamburg <DOT> de
to find out more about the feature. He is also working on integrating it into an Eclipse plugin if he didn't do it already current/smile.

The feature is not yet included in the 1.5.0-RC3 release.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi,I want to know how I can  create a c code library and even compiles it to an exe.I have never seen it in the tutorial . Thank you !

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: