Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

3D visualization in OMEdit

3D visualization in OMEdit

Hi,

After using Dymola in an internship I wanted to find a similar program that i can use on Ubuntu. Thats how I stumbled over openmodelica.

My problem is, that I can not find any visualization after simulating the pre-made MultiBody Examples.

I found this page: https://openmodelica.org/index.php/comp … ca190beta4
where it says that a graphic visualization is implemented, but I cannot find it?

I installed openmodelica through the terminal with the command 'apt-get install openmodelica', are there other packages required for an 3D visualization?
About OMEdit:
OMEdit - OpenModelica Connection Editor Version: 1.9.0
connected with OpenModelica1.9.0 beta4 (r15029) ...

Best regards,

Buugy

Re: 3D visualization in OMEdit

I would use the nightly or stable builds (r15900-ish) with the omlib-modelicaservices-3.2.1-modelica3d package. It probably also works in the old version you are using with package omlibrary-modelica3d.

Follow the steps in https://build.openmodelica.org/Document … ica3D.html and you should be fine (if you use OMEdit, simply add ModelicaServices of version "3.2.1 modelica3d" to the list of libraries to load on startup.

if i try to install the omlib-modelicaservices-3.2.1-modelica3d package with 'apt-get install omlib-modelicaservices-3.2.1-modelica3d' the package can not be found  but i could install the omlibrary-modelica3d package and put "3.2.1 modelica3d" to the list of startup libraries.

however, still when i start one of the premade simulations it doesnt show me any 3d-visualizations ... maybe i have to change some options?

if its still a installing-problem ... is there a step-by-step guide for that somewhere?

thx
Buugy

Read the documentation. It lists the steps needed to start the visualizer.

I am not able to see the documentation,Please share it again so that i can also go through it.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic