Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » ogduartev

In recent versions of OMEdit, I can not plot arrays, because the variable selector square does not appear.

For example, the following simple model run without trouble and I can plot every x[i] as variable plots, but cannot select the array:

model arraytest
  Real x[20](start=ones(20));
equation
  der(x)=-3*ones(20).*x;
end arraytest;

I use linux, 1.18.0~dev.beta1-3-g75b5528.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oscar Duarte

Mar-29-14 20:30:18
Category: Developer

Correction:
The name of the test models that I have succesfully compiled is wrong. The right names are

- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.HydroPlantTest1
- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.PowerPlantTest1
- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.PowerPlantTest2

Mar-29-14 20:23:27

Yesterday I have succesfully compiled and executed with OM some of the tests models of the PowerSystems Library (V 0.2) (https://github.com/modelica/PowerSystem … /v0.2.zip)

The models that I have compiled are:
- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.HydroPlantTest1
- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.HydroPlantTest2
- PowerSystems.Examples.PowerWorld.Test.HydroPlantTest3

However, I had to modify two files of the PowerSystems Library to do it:
- File: main package.mo line 118:
  original:
    replaceable package PackagePhaseSystem =
  modified:
    package PackagePhaseSystem =

- File: generic.mo, lines 165, 238, 303, 391:
  original
   isRoot(terminal.theta)
  modified
   Connections.isRoot(terminal.theta)

Jan-30-12 16:38:52
OMEdit closes with csv output format

I have found that if we simulate using the "csv" output format OMEdit shows a message and then closes. The message is:

"Communication wit OMEdit server has been lost.
OMEdit will close".

The models are well compiled and executed. I mean, the source, executable, 'XXX_int.xml' and 'XXX_res.csv' files are created in the temporary directory. However connection is lost and visualisation is no possible into OMEdit.

The problem is not present with 'mat', 'plt' or 'empty' output formats

I am using linux- 64 and realease 10967.

Thanks,

Oscar Duarte

Jan-25-12 18:07:01
Init file format selection

Thanks for the answer. They are very useful to me!

Jan-25-12 06:50:03

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know where can I find the specifications of the xml init file?

Jan-24-12 14:16:21
output directory selection

The output directories in the linux installation are /tmp/OpenModelica and /tmp/OpenModelica/OMEdit

¿Can I change the output directories to some user directory like /home/user/mydir?

Thanks for your help,

Oscar Duarte

Jan-24-12 06:21:32

The actual stable release (10918) has this bug.

Jan-24-12 06:18:28

In previous realeses, OpenModelica used XXX_init.txt files that now have been replaced by XXX_init.xml files.

¿is there any simulation option to choice the input format? I mean, something similar to outputFormat="plt"

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oscar Duarte

Jan-26-11 15:16:00
Example compiles but produces a zero division error

The RollingWheelSetDriving Example included in Modelica-Mechanics-Multibody-Examples-Elementary compiles, but in runtime generates a zero division error:

ERROR: Division by zero in partial equation: (-wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[2]) / sqrt(wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[2] * wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[2] + wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[1] * wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[1]) because sqrt(wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[2] * wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[2] + wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[1] * wheelSet.wheelSetJoint.rolling2.e_axis_0[1]) == 0.
Simulation call assert() at time 0.006
Level : error

¿any ideas?

thanks in advance for your help...

Oscar

Jan-26-11 01:25:41
error compiling c++ code. ASUB_EASY_CASE

this is the whole message:

record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "",
    simulationOptions = "startTime = 0.0, stopTime = 86400.0, numberOfIntervals = 500, tolerance = 1e-06, method = 'euler', fileNamePrefix = 'Catenary.DynamicCurve', storeInTemp = false, noClean = false, options = '', outputFormat = 'plt'",
    messages = "Simulation failed for model: Catenary.DynamicCurve
Error: Error building simulator. Buildlog: g++ -I. -o Catenary.DynamicCurve Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp Catenary.DynamicCurve_functions.cpp -L"/home/ogduartev/Proyectos/simula/Catenary/Catenary/../Catenary"   -lsim -linteractive -I"/usr/include/omc" -march=native -mfpmath=sse  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -lsendData -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtGui -lrt -lpthread -L"/usr/lib/omc" -lc_runtime -lf2c Catenary.DynamicCurve_records.c
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc38(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2362: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc37(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2372: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc36(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2382: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc35(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2392: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc34(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2402: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc33(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2412: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc32(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2422: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc31(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2432: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc30(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2442: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc29(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2452: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc28(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2462: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc27(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2472: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc26(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2482: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc25(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2492: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc24(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2502: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc23(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2512: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc22(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2522: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc21(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2532: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc20(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2542: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc19(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2552: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc18(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:2562: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘int initial_function()’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:3534: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but argument 3 has type ‘long int’
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘int initial_residual()’:
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp:3595: error: ‘ASUB_EASY_CASE’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [Catenary.DynamicCurve] Error 1

Error: Error building simulator. Buildlog: command g++ not found. Check $OPENMODELICAHOME
Error: Error building simulator. Buildlog: command "/usr/share/omc/scripts/Compile" not found. Check $OPENMODELICAHOME
",
    timeFrontend = 0.0,
    timeBackend = 0.0,
    timeSimCode = 0.0,
    timeTemplates = 0.0,
    timeCompile = 0.0,
    timeSimulation = 0.0,
    timeTotal = 0.0
end SimulationResult;

Jan-25-11 15:58:17
error compiling c++ code. ASUB_EASY_CASE

I have a model that was OK in OpenModelica 1.5, but now, when I try to simulate it in 1.6, I get the following error message:

messages = "Simulation failed for model: Catenary.DynamicCurve
Error: Error building simulator. Buildlog: g++ -I. -o Catenary.DynamicCurve Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp Catenary.DynamicCurve_functions.cpp -L"/home/ogduartev/Proyectos/simula/Catenary/Catenary/../Catenary"   -lsim -linteractive -I"/usr/include/omc" -march=native -mfpmath=sse  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -lsendData -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtGui -lrt -lpthread -L"/usr/lib/omc" -lc_runtime -lf2c Catenary.DynamicCurve_records.c
Catenary.DynamicCurve.cpp: In function ‘void residualFunc38(int*, double*, double*, int*)’:

I guess an include file is missing. ¿any ideas about how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Oscar

Jan-25-11 15:50:56
i am in the process of learning modelica and tried some simple models.

I guess something has changed in the last release about how to find a set of consistent initial conditions. I have a model that worked OK in OpenModelica 1.5, but in 1.6 I got the same message.

In my case I solved the problem by adding "(start=XXX)" to an specific variable. The value XXX is just a guess for the initial condition value that should help to find the right initial condition value.

Apr-01-10 17:10:35
"make -f MyModel.makefile " does not work

I have used the updated trunk version.

I have noticed a change in the c_runtime/Makefile about FFLAG.
If I use the flag -O the compilation process of my models give me some errors like this (try the BouncigBall3D of the Examples directory):

error: ‘REGREATER’ no se declaró en este ámbito

If I change the flag to -O3 the compilation is succesful.

Again, thanks for your help...

Apr-01-10 15:01:40

Thanks for the answer!

I have used:

export SENDDATALIBS="-lsendData -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtGui -lz"

and now it compiles

I will try the updated trunk and inform...

Oscar Duarte

Apr-01-10 05:27:48

I have installed openmodelica & DrModelica in a 64bit linux machine (ubuntu 9.04).They work fine, but when I try to compile a model outside OMShell-terminal or DrModelica I get compilation errors.

For example, in DrModelica I simulate a model named MyModel. I get the c code and the make file, but when I try:

make -f MyModel.makefile

I get some warnings and the following errors:

/home/ogduartev/openmodelica/trunk/build/lib/libsim.a(simulation_result.o): In function `add_result(double*, long*)':
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x4c): undefined reference to `Static::enabled()'
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x5d7): undefined reference to `sendPacket'
/home/ogduartev/openmodelica/trunk/build/lib/libsim.a(simulation_result.o): In function `deinitializeResult(char const*)':
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x1589): undefined reference to `Static::enabled()'
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x159f): undefined reference to `closeSendData'
/home/ogduartev/openmodelica/trunk/build/lib/libsim.a(simulation_result.o): In function `initializeResult(long, long, long, long)':
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x17d7): undefined reference to `Static::enabled_'
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x17e1): undefined reference to `Static::enabled()'
simulation_result.cpp:(.text+0x1817): undefined reference to `initSendData'
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1

¿Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Oscar Duarte

Feb-26-10 15:11:58
instructions installation in 64 bits linux machines

OK. Now it is poltting!

Thanks for all your help! this is an amazing software...

Oscar Duarte

Feb-26-10 05:48:07

Ups... installation is working but not plotting...

This is the situation:
1) I can run OMShell-terminal and OMNotebook

2) In OMNotebook I can simulate the "HelloWorld" example. The HelloWorld_res.plt is correctly generated by the simulation.

3) If I try plot(x) I get the plotting grid but not the red curve. Instead I get  following error message:
   "unknown error while plotting" 

4) If I try plot(time) I get the plotting grid with the horizontal axes from 0 to 4, no red curve and the following message:
  done
    If I choose "Simulation data" with the right button menu, I can see the "time" as an available variable of size 0 (zero)

5) If I try in console : ./doPlot HelloWorld_res.plt I get a window with the right figure (three curves: time, x, der(x) )

I would appretiate any help!

Thanks in advance

Oscar Duarte

Feb-26-10 00:03:59

Thanks!

Instructions are concise and clear. My installation is working...

Oscar Duarte

Feb-23-10 19:08:27

I am exploring modelica and openmodelica capabilities as a beginner. I have installed the windows version of openmodelica and now I want to install it in a 64 bits linux machine, but the linux binaries I have found are just for 32 bits machines.

The question is: where can I find installation instructions for 64 bits linux machines?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oscar Duarte

• Index
  • » Users
  • » ogduartev
You are here: