Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Bigalke.Stephan

Jul-23-16 09:14:54
problem with starting the dbus-server

The examples don`t have the visualization enabled. Make a duplicate of the example to edit them and add the modelica3d controller. If you are working with the connection editor just drag and drop the "Controller" under ModelicaServices/Modelica3D to the layout. Or add the follwing to the textfile "inner ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller m3d_control"

and always start the "dbus-server.py" before you start the simulation.

Dec-01-15 20:35:31
What filetypes can i use with the fixedshape-element?

I've seen that the two examples fullRobot and EngineV6 use external shapes. Both work fine in SystemModeler but wont simulate in OpenModelica. For both I get the following error msg:

Code:

base_array.c: array dimension size for dimension 0 is -1 < 0!

Assertion failed: base_array_ok(dest), file util/string_array.c, line 96

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information. 
Simulation process failed. Exited with code 3

Has anybody simulated these examples in OpenModelica successfully?

Nov-30-15 18:03:32
What filetypes can i use with the fixedshape-element?

Hello

I would like to visualize my multibody system with CAD models via the fixedshape element. I tried dxf, stl and obj. I specified the file directly under shapeType "file://D:/Projekte/Modelica/stl_test.stl"
None of the file formats seems to work. I always get "inconsistent naming. Did not find file_1" as a msg in the python cmdline window.
The modelica documentation states that using external shapes is a very limited option and that not all tools support external shapes. Does Openmodelica support external shapes? Is there some kind of trick that is not explained in the regular modelica documentation?

Kind regards
Stephan

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Bigalke.Stephan
You are here: