Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Tom Coleman

Nov-13-18 00:30:53
Support for interactive modeling sessions and much more

I've developed a modeling environment built around the OpenModelica engine. The site is modeltools.org. The emphasis is on interactive modeling sessions and much more (alert-- a lot ot this is alpha). There is no commercial or academic involvement and no licensing and no fees. A shout out to the Linkoping folks -- they are terrific. Thank you everyone -- Tom Coleman. P.S. Send me responses -- I'm all over this stuff.

May-31-18 23:42:44
Searching for docs on successful Modelica to JavaScipt transpiling in Windows

Edge computing is here and I'm hoping that OpenModelica will be an important contributor. Specifically, are there any docs anywhere detailing successful creation of JavaScript from Modelica source in the Windows environment? I know of the Linux posting on GitHub (tshort, I think). I might go that direction, but will need more detailed guidance for a serious commitment. All comments welcome.

Thanks, Tom

Feb-10-18 01:08:47
Declaring a variable as both input and output
Category: Programming

I can test this, but does anyone know if a real Modelica variable can be declared as both input and output? Thanks, T.C. Why would I want to do something as weird as this? The answer is to create an interface class in a computer generated simulation environment.

Jun-09-17 16:06:09
Model won't compile using v1.11.0-64 bit

lochel,

Nightly build (2017-06-08) compiles and solves just fine. Problem solved.

Thanks, Tom.

Jun-09-17 03:34:48
Model won't compile using v1.11.0-64 bit

I have a rather large and stiff model that I compile and solve daily. The result is a rapid and accurate solution. The OpenModelica version that I have been using is 1.9.3. The environment is Windows 10, 64 bit. Then I downloaded v1.11.0-64 bit and the model will not compile. The error message is

Error: post-optimimization module findZeroCrossings (simulation) failed.

I don't know what to do next. Any thoughts or suggestions from the OpenModelica crew?

Thanks, Tom

Jan-04-15 15:21:55
Current status of OpenModelica Interactive Simulation?

What is the current status of OpenModelica Interactive Simulation? OMEdit has a description in User Manual 1.8.1 (January 2012). I can't find the required menu items in my copy of OMEdit. Also, I can't find any executable resembling Client.exe in my OM distribution (for Windows). The current status and future plans for this OM environment, please. T.C.

Nov-05-14 00:01:38
Creating a Modelica distributable and Window's dll's

When OM Shell runs a Modelica model (executable, ModelName.exe), the executable apparently finds the needed dll's. When I run a Modelica model (executable) the program does not find the required dll's and does not run. So I added ... OpenModelica\MinGW\bin to the Windows 7 path and all is well. But the recipient of a Modelica.exe distributable may not want to or know how to edit the path. How does OM Shell do this? Does it put an argument in the Model.exe command line that points to the dll folder? Or what? Thanks.

Oct-01-14 00:13:29
Alternative OpenModelica Output Files

Please forgive, but I'm very new. My understanding so far is that OpenModelica writes simulation results to a Matlab format (.mat) file. And the format for these file is binary. Is there some way to direct simulation results to a text file (for post-processing)? Or, is there a way to gain easy access to these files outside of Matlab? I'm trying to evaluate OpenModelica as the solution engine for HumMod, a large mathematical model of integrative human physiology (www.hummod.org, www.digitalhumanmodels.org). Thank you.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Tom Coleman
You are here: