Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Gerald

May-17-16 07:22:21
Tutorial/Examples FMI in openModelica

Hello!

Are there any (or does anybody has) examples for FMI in openModelica? I would need it for an introduction at university.

Thank you very much and kind regards.

Dec-15-15 20:53:21
Does Modelica transfer the DAE into state-space

Thank you very much for your reply! A general question: A model describes how the states evolve with time right? I read, that the states are the memory of
a sytem - if you know all state-varaibels you can describe the system. My question:  How can I chose/select state-variables, are they not give through the system-configuaration? For example. Mass-spring system: velocity and position? What would be states in that "pipe, source,sink" example?

What does "dynamic state selection" mean?

Once again -thank you very much

Dec-15-15 19:22:31
Different types of Energy/Mass/Momentum balance

Hey,

I want to use models of the fluid library.
Could anyone explain (I am new into modeling/simulation) what is the difference between: Formulation of mass/energy/momentum balance: steady-state, dynamic and inital guess initial fixed --> and what is the impact on inizialization time/computation time; when do I need wich one.

Thanks for your help!

Dec-15-15 19:16:42
Does Modelica transfer the DAE into state-space

Hey,  my question:
Does Modelica transfer the DAE into state-space form (system of ODE's)?

If I want to model a system: For example a simpley model with a dynamic pipe and sink, source: Medium simple incompressible liquid water. What are the state variables (pressure, temperature,..?)?

Thank you for your help!

Hey,

i want to run parameter studies  in python (change the infiltration rate in buildingLibraray)

i tried: simulateModel and simulateExtendedModel(..."zone.n50", [value])

My questions:

I got an error message when trying to translate the model and the change the value (simulateModel).
      Then i tried to rund simulateExtendedModel: It is also not possible.

So my question: How to change values ( befor running (and translating?) the simulation?

Kind regards,
      Gerald

Sep-08-15 13:53:05
      error: Scalar system is always singular

Hey,
      I am new to Modelica modeling and I have the following problem: I want to make a model that has an heat port input and an heat port output. The OutputPort.Q_flow = inputPort.Q_flow * constant.
      It should work similar the the gain block.

the model
      model gain
        parameter Real k = 3;

Modelica.Thermal.HeatTransfer.Interfaces.HeatPort_a a
        Modelica.Thermal.HeatTransfer.Interfaces.HeatPort_b b

equation
        b.Q_flow = a.Q_flow *k;
      end gain

I got the following error message: Error: Scalar system is always singular for gain_heat.a.T = (fixedHeatFlow.Q_flow*(1-fixedHeatFlow.alpha*fixedHeatFlow.T_ref)-gain_heat.a.Q_flow)/( -fixedHeatFlow.Q_flow*fixedHeatFlow.alpha) = 200/-0
      Error: Failed to start model.

Thank you very much for your help!

• Index
      • » Users
      • » Gerald
      You are here: