Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » l3oo321

May-19-17 12:55:38
Hi All, I am drafting a Brayton Cycle model for simulation in OpenModelica, I have used...
Category: Developer

Hi Shinichi17,

Regarding your second question. You are trying to instantiate a package.
instantiate = create an object (in the context of object-oriented programming).
If you're unfamiliar with these notions in a nutshell think of objects as components or part of components.
for example a heat-exchanger, or a tube or a spring or even a flange of a spring.
Modelica is built like this, by putting objects together to create more complex objects or even systems.

A class "A" is like a template that you use to create objects of type "A".
If you say I'd like a component of type A for my system S,
Then in S* you instantiate  the component A and the component is created with its default parameters.

Of course you can modifiy the parameters so you can instantiate components with their own characteristics (size, material...),
this is why you want a template in the first place.

A package is just something else. It is like a library where components, functions, etc are put together to create
an environment. So as you see, it does not really make sense to instantiate a package. you can however
take a class which is part of the package and instantiate it.

* It is not mandatory to previously declare your system S (which is a class as well) to be able to instantiate A, in OM you can
simply instantiate A for checking purposes

Best,

Sep-18-15 06:26:34
Hi All, I am drafting a Brayton Cycle model for simulation in OpenModelica, I have used...

Thx for your quick answer, prasanjitdas111 I was thinking to do adapt the library then to OM... starting from scratch. It might take a while
but it's a nice was to learn and gain some experience. If you are interested to have a look too, you're very welcome.

best,

eric

Sep-17-15 18:25:19

Hello,

Me too Im trying to make the Thermocycle library work with OpenModelica. I have version 1.9.3 of OM and
ThermoCycle-v2.1 + ExternalMedia-v3.2.1

I get to load both libraries o.k
However when trying to simulate any of the provided examples in OM Connection Editor it crashes while doing the "Translation"...
Would anyone have hints on this issue ? Or has anyone tried to successfully simulate any of the provided examples?

I appreciate your help,

Eric

• Index
  • » Users
  • » l3oo321
You are here: