Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » asd

Hi,

I am not an expert, but if everything else fails, you probably could still install from source. http://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/d … ource-code
There, the old version still seems to be available.

regards,

asd

Nov-29-10 14:10:23
Usage of Modelica Matrix Functions from LAPACK?

Hi,

I have been trying to use the Matrices library within OMnotebook, so far without any success. Matrices.eigenValues with the following code:

class testeig
  import Modelica.Math.Matrices; 
  Real A[3,3] = [1,2,3;3,4,5;2,1,4];
  Real [3,3] eval;
  Real [3,2] vals;
  algorithm
  (vals,eval):=Matrices.eigenValues(A);
end testeig;

When simulating I only got error messages. On Kubuntu

record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "",
    messages = "Simulation failed for model: testeig
[/usr/lib/omlibrary/msl31//Modelica/Math/package.mo:2089:7-2089:79:readonly] Error: Wrong type or wrong number of arguments to zeros(size(A, 1), size(A, 1))'.
(in component <NO COMPONENT>)
[/usr/lib/omlibrary/msl31//Modelica/Math/package.mo:1225:8-1225:81:readonly] Error: Class LAPACK.dgeev_eigenValues not found in scope Modelica.Math.Matrices.eigenValues (looking for a function or record).
Error: Error occured while flattening model testeig
",
    timeFrontend = 0.0,
    timeBackend = 0.0,
    timeSimCode = 0.0,
    timeTemplates = 0.0,
    timeCompile = 0.0,
    timeSimulation = 0.0,
    timeTotal = 0.0
end SimulationResult;

and on Windows XP:

record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "",
    messages = "Simulation failed for model: testeig
end SimulationResult;

What changes do I have to make to get it working?
Calling the function in the equation block is also not working.

Thanks!

asd

Nov-12-10 15:44:42
What is the status of PDElib?
Category: Programming

Hello,

I found some information about PDE in Modelica in literature ("Principles of Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation with Modelica 2.1" and publications by Farid Dshabarow, Zhihua Li, Saldamli L.), basically showing the necessity of PDE-solving in a Modelica environment and showing approaches to do it, but the most recent information about it I found was from 2008. On the modelica.org webpage PDElib is listed but without a downloadable version. What is the status of it? Is it going to be included in OMC?
Thanks!

regards,

asd

Nov-03-10 09:32:20
100% CPU and MEM usage with OMNotebook on Kubuntu

Good morning!

I just updated my system and OMNotebook runs wonderfully with the new build. CPU and Memory usage are normal now. Thanks a lot!!!

Nov-02-10 13:31:57

I looked into it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but so far I have only seen a 64 bit version. Currently I am working on a 32 bit machine. Is there a chance for a 32 bit version?. Thanks!

Oct-25-10 14:57:47

Thanks for the fast info. I guess I will use another plattform as a fallback for now.

Oct-25-10 09:58:42

Hello,

I only started using OpenModelica and I have been experiencing a problem with OMNotebook on Kubuntu. When I follow a link to open up a new file (e.g. when using DRModelica) my CPU usage is immediately going to 100%, with the Memory usage slowly increasing too until nothing is working anymore. The same problem occurs when evaluating an Inputcell. I have already tried it on a different desktop environment (LXDE) with the same effect. I am using Kubuntu 10.10 32-bit and OpenModelica 1.5.1 nightly packages. Has anybody else encountered a similar problem and is there a fix? Thanks.

As a next step I am going to try it out on Gnome, since there don't seem to be any complaints with Ubuntu. Afterwards I will remove the nightly builds and go back to the release packages.

Best Regards,

asd

P.S.: Same with Gnome and stable package of OpenModelica.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » asd
You are here: