Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Bartt

Feb-01-18 13:12:13
Model/Solver C-file hiearchy

sjoelund.se when and by whom is this configure file called?

thanks

Jan-31-18 15:44:39

Thanks DarioMangoni  for quick answer.

well maybe I know why there is no option like "arm-linux-gnueabih" or any other in the FMI export settings. The answer is maybe 'cause I got none of any other compiler installed on the current machine. The fact is that there is one computer with openmodelica  and the other computer with NI IDE for that CompactRio and I need to move the exported FMU to the other machine. Don't ask me why... The question is, How can I specify the path to the desired compiler... I'll try some experiments tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks a lot

Ondrej

Jan-31-18 14:55:29

Hi guys,

i did a little research and changed the target platform from ZYNQ to NI CompactRio with ARMv7 architecture and NI RT Linux onboard. This platform should be a better choice than ZYNQ and bare metal app, should be not? I found that I can choose the target platform before I export the FMU. Under Tools -> Options, there is FMI page and there I should be able to set platform but I got only "Static" or "Dynamic"/ I found that there should be a string input somewhere, to put the platform string like this: "arm-linux-gnueabihf" . But I got no such a string input there. Can anybody help me? I found that info here: https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/3775

Thanks a lot

Ondrej

Jan-15-18 13:55:34

Sorry for a late replay folks.

Well, my original aim was to export a model from OpenModelica as a C code and recompile it and run on the ARM A9 in the Xilinx Zynq device as a bare metal app for HIL simulation purposes. DarioMangoni, that means I try to do option 1.

If I understand you well guys, are you telling me that those models require some OS to execute them? and there is no option to run them as bare metal app?

thanks for any replays guys

Ondrej

Jan-11-18 15:58:50

Hi Guys!

First of all, thanks for your replays.

I finally got myself oriented in that bunch of the C files. I found that very interesting file for me is modelName_FMU.c in the root of the FMU archive. Which is kind of starting point to me, because there is done necessary "linking" between the FMI interface and the model itself and the solver of course.

No, I try to compile all these files in the Visual Studio 2018, just to get sure which files I will definitively need to include to get model operating. But I hit the problem with the pthread.h file... I can't find it anywhere. do you now what is this guy about?

Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

Ondrej

Jan-05-18 09:54:14

Hi Everybody!

I try to implement exported C/C++ files of model from Openmodelica into ARM platform. But first of all I need to understand the hierarchy and mechanism of the C/C++ files executing of the exported model.

I found out that in the  "modelname".c are situated functions for the model simulation (fetch inputs, evaluate the equations, set outputs, etc.), but I can't see what calls these functions. I mean I can't find the main mechanism, kind of state-machine I guess, which runs these functions. Is it the solver? If so how does it work? Is there anybody how can help me? Or are there any docs about this topic? Thanks for any feedback guys.

Cheers

Ondrej

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Bartt
You are here: