Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problem with modeling a simple tank model with a tank, valve and pump

Problem with modeling a simple tank model with a tank, valve and pump

Hi, i try to make a simple model which consists of two tanks which are coupled by a ventil and a pump (see attached model). When i remove the pump, everything is working as expected (the level of tank1 and tank2 adapt to each other when the valve is opend). Now i want to have a pump which should move medium from tank2 to tank1 but i can't get the simulation running. I am using OpenModelica 1.12.0 (64-bit) with solver "dassl"

I already searched the forum, but i didn't found an answer to my problem. I found a similar question with a revised model (Test3-revised.mo) but this also does not work.

Can anyone help me on this topic?

Thanks, Michael
TankDemo.mo

Edited by: climber03 - Jul-05-18 13:38:36
Attachments:

Re: Problem with modeling a simple tank model with a tank, valve and pump

Hallo Michael,

The initial flow rate of pump cannot be given Zero as the equations having flow rate as divisor will collapse. Give some intial value for V and m_flow_start other than Zero.(0.001m^3). Simulation works and gives you outpút. But there is another error regarding usage of the Modelica.Fluid.Machines.ControlledPump as it does not support inital dp less than Zero. Because It violates the contraint

pump.delta_head_init>=0

I suggest you to make a new pump model and modify the intialization of dp.

Best wishes
Joel Jossy

Hello Joel, thanks for your fast reply! I applied your suggestions and now i am getting simulation results, thanks for that! Ok, i will try to implement my own pump model. I don't want to simulate a correct pump behavior, i just want to bring liquid from one tank to another...

Cheers, Michael

Hallo Michael

You are welcome.

Prost.. current/wink
Joel Jossy

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: